Saturday, May 1, 2010

Diligent Monks



Yup, I got to see this beauty in real life. It makes me feel excellent and I can't help remembering seeing this in my Art History text during High School. It feels a bit like a mile stone that says "Yes, I am doing my best to pursue that dream." Or something like that. I'm having trouble describing how it felt to be so close to the surface, to see the raised ink. I could almost feel it under my finger tips. I felt my heart rate pick up as I truly realized how detailed it was. I'd been told the detail and time invested was great, but it is impossible to realize how much painstaking, back breaking, life sucking work it took. It is an effort of a life time. Oh, you admirable monk, in your little brown habit thing and ink stained fingers. Work that quill and lapis lazuli. I'm feeling particularly inspired by seeing the manuscript and am planning planny plans for this summer's work.

Mr. A + Book of Kells... should be juicy.

I am also very excited to realize (rather late, since its been out for a bit) that there is a movie!! The Secret of Kells.




It's made by The Cartoon Saloon. Here: www.cartoonsaloon.ie

Here is a short film they've made, From Darkness:



It's a good short, perfect in the length that it is.

4 comments: