Thursday, April 29, 2010

TIWTA List

BEHOLD. I was pondering this upcoming summer and came up with a TIWTA (Things I Want To Accomplish) list.

Here it goes.

1) Get a tattoo.

- I've been waffling on this decision for the past two years. I know that I want my first tattoo to be small, a "tester" tattoo if you will. If that one goes well and I'm still happy with it a year or so later, I'll take steps towards getting a bigger one. I've decided the tattoo will be of my Monkey Muse, no bigger than three inches in diameter, and will be located somewhere on my upper back or foot.

(Randomly on a side note: I'm writing this blog post in the common room of Barnacles, Dublin. Currently there are a lot of college age students in here, chatting it up, laughing, etc... except for the random lady crouched like Gollum next to my chair, sipping a can of Budweiser, and twirling her hair as she silently observes the room. She is disquieting.)


2) Get an acoustic guitar.

- I have been trying my hand at the banjo. I'm not to terrible at a few songs and am feeling pretty confident. I'd like to try the guitar. If Mo and I go half and half on the price this endeavor might be plausible.


3) Set up a work out routine.

- I want to get a regular workout routine set up... and drag Mo along with me. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.


4) Find $$$ for Grad school.

- The big Choice is coming. Do I want to stay on another two years and get my Masters at the Corcoran. At the moment I certainly want to. Therefore I need to start looking at financial options. This makes a nervous bubble swell up in my tummy so I don't like dwelling on it too much. There is still some time before I really need to get down to business.


5) Find a internship/ better job for this upcoming year.

- Barnes & Noble is not where I'm planning on being employed beyond this summer. What I really want is to find at least a volunteer position in an after school, inner city Arts program. I've yet to discover if such a program exists in D.C., however I'd be very surprised if there wasn't something. I need to sit down and actually do some serious searching. Google is a powerful tool (I may start referring to it as the Oracle, as my father does).


6) Be a kick ass Teacher/ Teacher's Assistant

- I'm gearing up for another summer at Camp Creativity. Last summer I was a TA and had a complete blast. It was so much fun and I was very sad to see it end. This year I will also be teaching a session in August. BookMaster. Book making for the kiddies. I plan on putting a lot of effort into this summer :)



So that's it at the moment. I imagine I'll more than likely be adding more as the summer wears on.

On a finishing note, apparently the Irish are fond of recreating medieval environments with creepy mannequins in poorly lit basements. I was scanning the tourist information/pamphlets and the Dublin Heritage Centre has DUBLINA! Experience Viking & Medieval Dublin! The picture shows mannequins in a dark medieval room.

No thank you. I'll pass.

I think I'll put my efforts into convincing Mom that we need to go to the Kilmainham Jail. That sort of creepy suits my tastes better. I think I have leverage to get her to go, seeing that she has denied me the too expensive Haunted Bus Tour of Dublin.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. I really enjoyed reading your blogs. Will visit this website again for sure.


    Cheap WOW Gold
    Cheap Runescape Gold

    ReplyDelete